Sunday, November 28, 2010

Returning to Legacy Crossing

It's been a year since I was last exploring developing in Legacy Crossing. A year post-Copenhagen climate meetings of seeing international paralysis on carbon emissions. I've renewed my interest in the southern parcel in Legacy Crossing and in developing it as model for the district.

Model of what?
  • Mixed use development. I've been watching the City and Urban Renewal Agency advance their vision for the area, and repeatedly thought, nice vision but somebody has to build it.
  • Tie between downtown and campus. We all travel through the area to get from town to campus, what about living there instead of passing through? 
  • Net zero energy use.  I think that for heating and domestic hot water that might be achievable in row houses. For water on the landscape, maybe. Might it get the residents out of their cars, or into fewer cars?

No comments:

Post a Comment